"Leading in the Right Direction"
Official Bylaws as of April 17, 2021
Article I – Name
The name of the organization shall be PebbleCreek Republican Club, hereafter referred to as PCRC.
Article II – Purpose
A. To provide a forum for Republicans to be actively involved in the Republican Party and in the political process.
B. To provide an opportunity for Republican fellowship and discussion.
C. To serve as an educational forum for Republican ideals and principles.
Article III – Membership
A. Membership is limited to Republican PebbleCreek residents.
B. Membership into PCRC will not be denied on the basis of race, color, creed, handicap or national origin.
C. Membership year begins January 1st and ends December 31st
Section 1 – Membership Dues
A. Membership dues, if any, shall be determined by the Executive Board.
B. Dues are payable starting January 1 and are delinquent at the adjournment of the PCRC March Membership Meeting. A notification via email will be sent to delinquent members stating that their membership in the Club will be suspended if dues are not received by March 31st. New members joining after March 31st are ineligible to run for office.
Article IV – Executive Board and Elected Officers
Section 1 – Executive Board
A. The Executive Board shall consist of the elected officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and appointed Standing Committee Chairs.
B. A majority of the Executive Board including at least two (2) elected officers shall constitute a quorum at the Executive Board Meetings.
C. The President may have other non-voting members at the Executive Board Meetings.
D. The term for the Executive Board shall begin January 1st and end
December 31st. All elected officers shall hold office for a term of two (2) years and may be elected for not more than two (2) Consecutive terms in the same capacity. Time served while filling a Board vacancy shall not count as a term of office. An Executive Board member may be a candidate for any executive position at any election cycle and is not required to resign from his/her current position while a candidate.
E. The Executive Board shall conduct the business of the PCRC subject to the Bylaws and Standing Rules. Nothing in the Standing Rules will supersede the Bylaws.
Section 2 – Succession
A. If the President is unable to fulfill assigned duties, the Vice President shall assume those responsibilities.
B. In the event any elected officer, other than the President, is unable to complete the term; the Executive Board shall appoint a member to finish the term.
Section 3 – Duties of the Elected Officers
1. The President shall preside at all meetings.
2. The President shall appoint all Committee Chairs with the exception of the Nominating Committee Chair.
3. The President shall appoint a Sergeant at Arms.
4. The President shall be an ex-officio member (by nature of the position) on all committees with the exception of the Nominating Committee.
5. The President shall appoint two qualified members to audit the Treasurer’s Annual Report prior to the conclusion of the term.
6. The President, or designee, shall secure facilities for the PCRC events. At the time of election, the newly elected President may change the scheduled dates.
7. The President must co-sign any check of $500 or more.
8. The President will act as a liaison between the PCRC and national, state, county committees and local Republican clubs.
9. The President, or designee, must file an Annual Submission to the Rules Compliance Committee (RCC) between January 1 and March 31.
B. Vice President
1. The Vice President shall, in the absence or inability of the President to act, assume and perform the powers and duties herein prescribed for the President.
2. The Vice President shall perform all other duties as required by the President.
1. The Secretary shall be responsible for maintaining the full and complete official minutes of all Executive Board and Membership Meetings for a period three (3) years.
2. The Secretary shall attend to all correspondence of the PCRC as prescribed by the President, as well as other duties assigned by the President or Executive Board.
1. The Treasurer shall maintain Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
2. The Treasurer shall issue checks for PCRC activities.
3. The Treasurer, and if necessary the President, shall sign all checks and contracts drawn upon the funds of the PCRC.
4. All checks $500 or more will require signatures of both the President and Treasurer.
5. The Treasurer shall prepare a yearly budget for Executive Board approval and maintain current budgetary information.
6. The Treasurer shall maintain financial records, including reconciliation of monthly bank statements.
7. The Treasurer shall provide financial reports at all Executive Board and Membership Meetings including an updated budget report for inclusion in the minutes.
8. An audit will be conducted every two (2) years by those designated by the Executive Board.
Section 4 – Parliamentarian
A. The Parliamentarian shall assist the President and the Executive Board with regard to Parliamentary procedures.
B. The Parliamentarian shall be familiar with the Bylaws and Standing Rules of the PCRC. Where not covered by the Bylaws and/or Standing Rules, Robert’s Rules of Order, revised, shall be used in determining procedures.
C. The Parliamentarian shall only vote on issues where a written ballot is used.
D. The Parliamentarian shall assist the Executive Board in making certain the interests of the majority of members are considered when deciding issues.
E. Removal of an Officer
1. A member in good standing may propose the removal of an officer. If ten percent (10%) or more members concur in the proposal; a 30-day notice must be given to the membership prior to the meeting of the members. The Parliamentarian shall preside over this meeting. At the meeting, the reasons for removal will be presented in writing and the officer in question will be given an opportunity to be heard. At the conclusion of the hearing portion of the meeting, the proposal will be put to a vote. Removal of an officer requires the vote of seventy-five percent (75%) of those present at the meeting in which a quorum is present. In the event, an officer is removed from office, the Secretary or Treasurer will notify the officer in writing by Certified mail. The PCRC items in the officer’s possession shall be returned to the PCRC within forty-eight (48) hours of removal.
Section 5 – Nominating Committee and Election Procedures
A. The Nominating committee, including the Nominating Committee Chair, shall be appointed by the Executive Board. Voting by the Executive Board shall be by written ballot.
B. The Nominating Committee shall consist of the Chair and four (4) members: One Standing Committee Chair and three (3) additional members from the membership, making certain the membership is fairly represented.
C. The President shall announce the Nominating Committee members at the September Membership Meeting and shall ask that recommendations for nominees from the membership be submitted to them. The election of the President and Treasurer shall be conducted in even years and the election of the Vice President and Secretary shall be conducted in odd years. All candidates must agree to run for office prior to their names being submitted. Members may submit their own name as a recommendation to the committee. Members of the Nominating Committee may be included as possible candidates.
D. The Nominating Committee shall develop a Nominating Ticket. The ticket should contain at least two (2) candidates per office (if possible).
E. The Nominating Committee Chair shall announce the Nominating Ticket at the October Membership Meeting. Following the announcement of candidates, the Nominating Committee Chair shall ask for further nominations from the floor. These shall be added to the final ballot and shall be shown as being nominated from the floor.
F. The Nominating Committee shall collect and publish resumes for each candidate on the ballot.
G. The Nominating Committee shall develop the electronic ballot. The vote of the membership by electronic ballot shall take place before November 30. Votes shall be collected via electronic ballot and verified by the Nominating Committee Chair.
H. Newly elected officers shall be announced by the President at the conclusion of the election. The newly elected President shall have the right to appoint Committee Chairs immediately following the election.
Article V – Meetings
A. Executive Board Meetings shall be held as determined by the President.
B. Membership Meetings may be held monthly at the discretion of the Executive Board.
C. During all open meetings, any member making statements which disrupt, disturb, or impede the orderly conduct of a meeting, or who lacks civility by making slanderous remarks or actions during the meeting will be removed from said meeting by the Sergeant at Arms or the President's designee. The Executive Board, by majority vote, may revoke the membership of any member who violates this section.
D. Newly elected officers shall be installed at the December Annual Membership Meeting. They will begin their terms of office on January 1st. This meeting shall also include honoring the outgoing Executive Board.
Article VI – Standing Committees
A. There shall be no term limit for Standing Committee Chairs. Standing Committees are as follows: Membership, Social, Communications and Technology.
B. The President shall appoint a Chair for each Standing Committee and may elect to add additional special committees.
C. The Standing Committee Chairs may appoint one or more members to assist them.
Section 1 – Duties of Standing Committee Chairs
A. Membership Chair
1. The Membership Chair maintains accurate new membership records.
2. The Membership Chair welcomes and provides orientation to all new members of the PCRC.
3. The Membership Chair supplies each new member with a membership packet and any other information as prescribed by the Executive Board.
4. The Membership Chair prepares initial membership applications for new and renewal members and updates forms on a yearly basis.
5. The Membership Chair collects annual membership dues and maintains original membership applications for a period of two (2) years.
B. Social Chair
1. The Social Chair plans and executes social activities for the PCRC.
C. Communications Chair
1. The role of the Communications Chair is to create content and distribute information to Club members and other interested consumers/readers.
2. The Communications Chair gathers information from members of the Executive Board and other Club members that is used to create specific content and obtains reviews/approvals when appropriate.
3. The Communications Chair creates a schedule for proposed communications that is reviewed with the Executive Board at monthly meetings.
4. The Communications Chair reviews available resources for information distribution and determines the appropriate channels based on the content. (Example: PC Post, Social Media, e-group, local newspapers, Club newsletter.)
5. The Communications Chair is responsible for reporting and photography at events and meetings.
6. The Communications Chair creates and maintains a history of the Club events in digital format that is available to Club members.
D. Technology Chair
1. The Technology Chair is responsible for maintaining the official PCRC website and uploading materials approved by the President.
2. The Technology Chair is responsible for technical support at all events and meetings as needed. (Example: microphones, cables, overhead projectors, screens, extension cords).
Article VII – Parliamentary Authority
A. The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order shall govern all matters or procedures not specifically covered by these Bylaws or any special rules of order the PCRC may adopt.
Article VIII - Amending the Bylaws and Standing Rules
A. The Bylaws may be amended by a vote of two-thirds (⅔) of the members present at any Membership or Special PCRC Meeting, provided the proposed amendment(s) has been announced during a Membership or Special PCRC Meeting and has been posted for at least thirty (30) days prior to voting.
B. The Standing Rules differ from the Bylaws in that they may be added to, changed, or repealed at any Membership or Special Meeting by a majority of those present without previous notice of said addition, change or repeal.
Article IX – Endorsement of Candidates
A. The PCRC, as an organization, shall not endorse any candidate(s) in a contested primary election for a national, state or local office.
B. The PCRC may support the Republican Party and promote its principles and candidates in all non-contested and general elections.
Sue K. Harrison, President Date Signed
Muriel Long, Secretary Date Signed
Bylaws were submitted to members for a vote and passed unanimously at the Membership Meeting on April 17, 2021. PCRC Bylaws submitted to the HOA Rules Compliance Committee on April 19, 2021.
Copyright © 2018 PebbleCreek Republican Club - All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster Sue Harrison