"Leading in the Right Direction"
Official Bylaws as of May 7, 2015
Article I – Name
The name of the organization shall be PebbleCreek Republican Club, hereafter referred to as PCRC.
Article II – Purpose
A. To provide a forum for Republicans to be actively involved in the Republican Party and in the political process.
B. To provide an opportunity for Republican fellowship and discussion.
C. To serve as an educational forum for Republican ideals and principles.
Article III – Membership
A. Membership is limited to Republican PebbleCreek residents.
B. Membership into PCRC will not be denied on the basis of race, color, creed, handicap or national origin.
C. Membership year begins January 1st and ends December 31st
D. The Executive Committee may extend honorary membership to selected individuals.
Section 1 – Membership Dues
A. Membership dues, if any, shall be determined by the Executive Committee.
B. Dues are payable by the January PebbleCreek Republican Club Membership Meeting and are delinquent at the adjournment of the PebbleCreek Republican Club March Membership Meeting. Upon payment of dues by the March deadline, members are eligible to vote, hold office, and serve on committees. Anyone paying dues after the March deadline is ineligible to run for office or vote during the election process for PebbleCreek Club Officers. If Membership is not renewed by the March Membership Meeting, membership will terminate.
Article IV – Officers
Section 1 – Executive Committee
A. The Executive Committee shall consist of the current elected officers: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
B. A majority of the Executive Committee including at least three elected officers shall constitute a quorum at the Executive Committee Meetings.
C. The President may have other non-voting members at the Executive Committee Meetings.
D. The term for the Executive Committee shall begin January 1st and end
December 31st. All elected officers shall hold office for a term of (2) years and may be elected for not more than (2) two Consecutive terms in the same capacity. Time served while filling a Board vacancy shall not count as a term of office. A Executive Member may be a candidate for any other executive position at any election cycle and is not required to resign from his/her current position while a candidate.
E. The Executive Committee shall conduct the business of the PCRC subject to the Bylaws and Standing Rules. Nothing in the Standing Rules may supersede the bylaws.
Section 2 – Succession
A. If the President is unable to fulfill assigned duties, the Vice President shall assume those responsibilities.
B. In the event any elected officer, other than the President, is unable to complete the term; the Executive Committee shall appoint a member to finish the term.
Section 3 – Duties of the Executive Committee
1. The President shall preside at all meetings.
2. The President shall appoint all Committee Chairpersons with the exception of the Nominating Committee Chairperson.
3. The President shall appoint a Sergeant at Arms.
4. The President shall be an ex-officio member (by nature of the position) on all committees with the exception of the Nominating Committee.
5. The President shall appoint two qualified members to audit the Treasurer’s Annual Report prior to the conclusion of the term.
6. The President, or designee, shall attend the annual room request meeting(s) and any other meetings necessary to secure facilities for the PCRC events. In that these meetings take place prior to the election of new officers, the current President shall see to it that dates and facilities for all PCRC events for the upcoming year are secured. At the time of election, the newly elected President may change the scheduled dates.
7. The President must co-sign any check of $500 or more.
8. The President will act as a liaison between the PCRC and national, state, county committees and local Republican clubs.
9. The President and one other officer must sign and submit an annual statement to the PCHOA Rules Compliance Committee on or before the last day of the month following the December Annual Membership Meeting.
This statement will include:
a. the date the December Annual Membership Meeting was held;
b. that the annual financial report was prepared and made available to the membership;
c. the number of members and confirmation that they are PebbleCreek residents;
d. that the Bylaws have been compared to the current requirements of Section 10 of the PCHOA Rules and they are in compliance;
e. A list of current officers including names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. Also, if known, indicate the PCRC meeting day(s), time and location for the upcoming year.
B. Vice President
1. The Vice President shall, in the absence or inability of the President to act, assume and perform the powers and duties herein prescribed for the President.
2. The Vice President shall perform all other duties as required by the President.
1. The Secretary shall keep full and complete minutes of all Executive Committee and Membership Meetings for a period three (3) years.
2. The Secretary shall attend to all correspondence of the PCRC as prescribed by the President, as well as other duties assigned by the President or Executive Committee.
3. The Secretary shall be responsible for maintaining PCRC official Minutes.
1. The Treasurer shall maintain generally accepted accounting procedures
2. The Treasurer shall issue checks for PCRC activities.
3. The Treasurer, and if necessary the President, shall sign all checks and contracts drawn upon the funds of the PCRC.
4. The Treasurer may issue checks up to a maximum of $499.99 on the Treasurer’s signature alone.
5. All checks $500 and over will require signatures of both the President and Treasurer.
6. The Treasurer shall prepare a yearly budget for the Executive Committee approval and maintain current budgetary information.
7. The Treasurer shall maintain financial records, including reconciliation of monthly bank statements.
8. The Treasurer shall provide monthly financial reports to the Executive Committee including an updated budget report.
9. The Treasurer shall prepare and provide a financial statement at all Membership Meetings.
10. An audit will be conducted every two (2) years by those designated by the Executive Committee.
Section 4 – Parliamentarian
A. The Parliamentarian shall assist the President and the Executive Committee with regard to Parliamentary procedures.
B. The Parliamentarian shall be familiar with the Bylaws and Standing Rules of the PCRC. Where not covered by the Bylaws and/or Standing Rules, Robert’s Rules of Order, revised, shall be used in determining procedures.
C. The Parliamentarian shall only vote on issues where a written ballot is used.
D. The Parliamentarian shall assist the Executive Committee in making certain the interests of the majority of members are considered when deciding issues.
E. Removal of an Officer
1. A member in good standing may propose the removal of an officer. If ten percent (10%) or more members concur in the proposal; a 30-day notice must be given to the membership prior to the meeting of the members. The Parliamentarian shall preside over this meeting. At the meeting, the reasons for removal will be presented in writing and the officer in question will be given an opportunity to be heard. At the conclusion of the hearing portion of the meeting, the proposal will be put to a vote. Removal of an officer requires the vote of seventy-five percent (75%) of those present at the meeting in which a quorum is present. In the event, an officer is removed from office, the Secretary or Treasurer will notify the officer in writing by Certified mail. The PCRC items in the officer’s possession shall be returned to the PCRC within forty-eight (48) hours of removal.
Section 5 – Nominating Committee and Election Procedures
A. The Nominating committee, including the Nominating Committee Chairperson, shall be appointed by the Executive Committee. Voting by the Executive Committee shall be by written ballot.
B. The Nominating Committee shall consist of the Chairperson and four (4) members: One other current Committee Chairperson and three additional members from the membership, making certain the membership is fairly represented.
C. The President shall announce the Nominating Committee members at the October Membership Meeting and shall ask that recommendations for nominees from the membership be submitted. All candidates must agree to run for office prior to their names being submitted. Members may submit their own name as a recommendation to the committee. Members of the Nominating Committee may be included as possible candidates.
D. The Nominating Committee shall develop a nominating ticket. The ticket should contain at least two candidates per office (if possible). In developing the Nominating Ticket, voting by the Nominating Committee shall be by written ballot.
E. The Nominating Committee Chairperson shall announce the Nominating Ticket at the November Membership Meeting. Following the announcement of candidates, the Nominating Committee Chairperson shall ask for further nominations from the floor. These shall be added to the final written ballot and shall be shown as being nominated from the floor.
F. The Nominating Committee shall collect and publish resumes for each candidate on the written ballot prior to the election of officers.
G. The Nominating Committee shall develop the written ballot and shall arrange for absentee voting. The vote of the membership by written ballot shall take place every two (2) years at the December Annual Membership Meeting. Votes shall be collected and counted by members of the Nominating Committee.
H. Newly elected officers shall be announced by the President at the conclusion of the election. The newly elected President shall have the right to appoint Committee Chairpersons immediately following the election.
Article V – Meetings
A. Executive Committee Meetings shall be held as determined by the President.
B. Membership Meetings may be held at the discretion of the Executive Committee in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
C. All members present and in good standing shall be eligible to vote on issues presented at Membership or Special Meetings.
D. During all open meetings, any Member making statements which disrupt, disturb, or impede the orderly conduct of a meeting, or who lacks civility by making slanderous remarks or actions during the meeting will be removed from said meeting. The Executive Committee by majority vote may revoke the membership of any Member who violates this section and current dues will be refunded if paid for the current year.
E. Procedures for Membership Meetings during an election year:
1. October – Shall include an announcement of the Nominating Committee members selected by the Executive Committee.
2. November – Shall include an announcement of the nominating ticket proposed by the Nominating Committee and shall include an announcement for nominations from the floor.
3. December – Shall be known as the Annual Membership Meeting and shall include Annual Reports and the Election of Officers by written ballot. This meeting shall also include honoring the outgoing Executive Committee.
4. New officers will be installed at the December Annual Membership Meeting. They will begin their terms of office on January 1st. Officers will serve for two (2) years.
Article VI – Committees
A. There shall be no term limit for Committee Chairpersons.
B. Standing Committees are as follows: Membership, Fund Raising, Social, Public Relations, Communications and Strategy.
C. The President shall appoint a Chairperson for each Standing Committee and may elect to add additional special committees.
D. The Committee Chairpersons may appoint one or more members to assist them.
E. Position reviews are available separately from the Bylaws which serve as guidelines for the positions listed. The position reviews should be periodically reviewed and updated.
Section 1 – Duties of Committee Chairpersons
A. Membership Chairperson
1. The Membership Chairperson shall maintain accurate new membership records.
2. The Membership Chairperson shall welcome and provide orientation to all new members of the PCRC.
3. The Membership Chairperson shall supply each new member with a membership packet and any other information as prescribed by the Executive Committee.
4. The Membership Chairperson shall prepare initial membership applications for new and renewal members and update forms on a yearly basis.
5. The Membership Chairperson shall collect annual membership dues and maintain original membership applications for a period of two (2) years only.
B. Fund Raising Chairperson
1. The Fund Raising Chairperson raises funds to support PCRC activities or projects.
C. Social Chairperson
1. The Social Chairperson plans and executes social activities for the PCRC.
D. Public Relations Chairperson
1. The Public Relations Chairperson acts as the official photographer and reporter for the PCRC.
2. The Public Relations Chairperson maintains the historical photo albums of the PCRC.
3. The Public Relations Chairperson is the main contact between the PCRC and the President who is responsible for the official PCRC publications in any media form.
E. Communications Chairperson
1. The Communications Chairperson is primarily responsible for uploading and maintaining material approved by the President to be used on the official PCRC website.
2. The Communications Chairperson is responsible for posting all PCRC information approved by the President to any social network site.
E. Strategy Chairperson
1. The Strategy Chairperson identifies issues, projects, and initiatives that are in the best interest of the PCRC.
2. The Strategy Chairperson plans meetings, action plans and strategies that will achieve the goals of the said issues, projects and initiatives.
3. The Strategy Chairperson submits monthly reports to the PCRC membership on any initiatives the Strategy Committee has determined and requests the PCRC members to pursue those initiatives.
Article VII – Parliamentary Procedures
A. The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order shall govern all matters or procedures not specifically covered by these Bylaws or any special rules of order the PCRC may adopt.
Article VIII - Amending the Bylaws and Standing Rules
A. The Bylaws may be amended by a vote of two-thirds (⅔) of the members present at any Membership or Special PCRC Meeting, provided the proposed amendment(s) has been announced during a Membership or Special PCRC Meeting and has been posted for at least thirty (30) days prior to voting.
B. The Standing Rules differ from the Bylaws in that they may be added to, changed, or repealed at any Membership or Special Meeting by a majority of those present without previous notice of said addition, change or repeal.
Article IX – Endorsement of Candidates
A. The PCRC, as an organization, shall not endorse any candidate(s) in a contested primary election for a national, state or local office.
B. The PCRC may support the Republican Party and promote its principles and candidates in all non-contested and general elections.
Article X – Provisions Required for Compliance with PebbleCreek Homeowners
Association Rules Compliance Committee
A. The PCRC shall conduct its business democratically and in accordance with the Section 10 Rules of the PCHOA.
B. The PCRC shall satisfy all debts prior to dissolution and such dissolution shall only occur with the prior approval of the PCHOA Board of Directors. Debts shall be paid from PCRC funds. If additional funds are necessary to pay all debts, the entire membership will be assessed equally. Any assets remaining after payment of debts shall be donated to the Kare Bears or another charitable organization.
C. Remuneration – No individual member may receive compensation for services rendered in support of the activities of this organization from non-members or outside sources without approval of the PCHOA Board of Directors. Compensation includes merchandise, services, benefits, or rebates from vendors providing services or merchandise to this organization that are not provided to every member. With the approval of the Executive Committee, reimbursement of actual expenses or reasonable compensation to members of this organization from organization funds for services rendered to members of this organization may be permitted. Additionally, with the approval of the Executive Committee, discounts to members for merchandise or services that are provided equally to all members or all participants in a particular activity sponsored by the Club may be permitted.
Linda R. Migliore, President
Bari Cavallo, Secretary
Officially signed by the President and the Secretary
The Amendment to the Bylaws (Article III, Section 1, B.) was submitted to members for a vote and passed unanimously at the May 5, 2011 General Membership Meeting. Amended PCRC Bylaws submitted to HOA Rules Compliance Committee May 9, 2011. The Amendment was approved by the HOA Rules Compliance Committee on May 18, 2011.
The Amendments to the Bylaws were submitted to members for a vote and passed unanimously at the October 4, 2012 Membership Meeting. Amended PCRC Bylaws submitted to HOA Rules Compliance Committee on October 9, 2012. Amendments were approved by the HOA Rules Compliance Committee on October 18, 2012 and by the PCHOA on November 21, 2012.
The Amendments to the Bylaws were submitted to members for a vote and passed unanimously at the May 7, 2015 Membership Meeting.
Copyright © 2018 PebbleCreek Republican Club - All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster Sue Harrison