"Leading in the Right Direction"
City of Goodyear Special Election on March 9, 2021
The City of Goodyear will hold a special, all mail election in March on proposed changes to the city charter. The city is hosting a virtual public meeting on Wednesday, February 24 at 10 AM for residents to learn more about the proposed changes. Click here to register for the meeting. A recording will be available on the city website afterwards. For more information please visit goodyearaz.gov/elections.
Register to Vote: You can register to Vote online at: https://ServiceArizona.com
When Service Arizona page comes up on your screen – click on Voter Registration and follow the directions.
How to find out if you are registered to Vote and if all the information is correct:
· Go to – https://voter.azsos.gov
· When Arizona Voter Information Portal page comes up on your screen, click on Search for your Voter Registration
· Fill out the Search for Voter form – your information should then pop up for you to see. You will need your AZ Driver’s License – we are in Maricopa County
PEVL means that you are signed up for the Permanent Early Voting List and will receive an Early Ballot.
If you have any questions, contact Webmaster Sue Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org
PebbleCreek Homeowners Association Rules - Section 8
8.11 Signs. Signs erected in PebbleCreek and Visible from Neighboring Property must meet the following guidelines:
(f) Election Signs. Homeowners may place commercially produced political signs indoors or outdoors on their property subject to the following conditions:
(1) Signs may be posted seventy-one (71) days prior to and three (3) days following an election.
(2) The HOA Board may adopt regulations regarding the size and number of political signs as long as the regulations conform to local ordinances.
(3) The aggregate total dimensions of all political signs must not exceed nine (9) square feet. FYI: 3 yard signs are within the 9 square feet rule.
(4) No sign may be placed in the Common Areas.
This section of the PebbleCreek HOA Rules is provided for your convenience. The full, printable Rules document is available in Governing Documents.
PebbleCreek Communications – October 12, 2020
The PCHOA Board and Rules Compliance Committee have received numerous questions regarding political signs and flags. The Rules for these can be found in PCHOA Rules Sections 8.10 & 8.11
When the political flags were first observed, the Board checked with the PCHOA attorney for a recommendation regarding them. The attorney said these were the same as political signs and should be allowed. The Rules Committee and the Board discussed this, and the Board decided that the following changes would be made:
The Board has adopted the following Rules as per Section 2.3 of the PCHOA Rules:
1. Political flags are now allowed in addition to political signs.
2. The size limit of the flag must not exceed 3 feet x 5 feet.
3. The flags will need to be removed in the same time frame as the signs.
4. These flags cannot be flown from a vertical flagpole. They can only be flown from a flag standard mounted to the house.
5. Aggregate sign size remains the same.
6. There have been no other change to political signs/flags with the exception only one political flag can be flown in addition to the signs.
The Rules Committee will work with the Board to see if this change shall be temporary or permanent. If Homeowners have comments regarding this issue, they are encouraged to submit them to the Rules Committee in writing. These can be turned in at Eagle’s Nest Front Desk.
Source: John Dale, Chairman Rules Compliance Committee
Copyright © 2018 PebbleCreek Republican Club - All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster Sue Harrison